Thursday, October 18, 2007

Eleanor and Adam's Wedding

Eleanor and Adam got married Saturday at the Sheep Barn on the Mansefeldt Estate, north of Fredericksburg. It was my first time there, and I found it to be an awesome property full of interestingly restored historical buildings. The bride's house you see here was formerly the parsonage for the church across the street.






As a photographer, I'm sort of flower illiterate, but even I could tell that Eleanor's centerpieces were totally rad. Did I just say rad? OK, I did grow up during the 80s... The bases were sort of a live sod. Very cool.




Throughout the day, we never had to worry where Adam was, because his faithful cattle dog Lacy was keeping a watchful eye. Watching everything else was Barbara Hearne, who kept everything running smoothly while at the same time remaining artfully unobtrusive.














The Sheep Barn has a sweeping view for big skies and sunsets. Many of the guests were bewitched with this, taking a break from their cocktails to shoot this themselves. I tried my best to give them a run for it.









Musical guest was none other than Texas legend Gary P. Nunn. This is the second time this year I've been lucky enough to get hired for the same event as Gary P.




This might be my favorite dancing picture ever.



Gary P. invited any guy who knew the words to come on stage and sing "You don't have to call me darlin', darlin'." I know all the words, but somebody had to take this picture.



6 comments:

Mary said...

I bet that dancing photo wins a 1st,2nd or 3rd in the WPJA! It's amazing.

David Hill said...

Thanks! But are dog photos as funny and/or poignant to those who are not "dog people?" ... I just hope the judges are dog people...

Allan Østbjerg said...

That dancing photo is cool, with or without the dog. The dog delivers something to the picture, no doubt, but it's still great.

I like the first black and white one as well, the fourth picture.

David Hill said...

Allan - Thanks for taking my blog global! And of course also for your compliments.

Stacy Cross said...

I love that pic too - great job on these! :)

Ashley Garmon said...

Love the sky photo, it's gorgeous!