Friday, March 7, 2008

Rebecca's Austin Bridal

This is Rebecca, in front of Austin's favorite waterfall. Not to be confused with Austin's favorite spring, which is about a block away.



One issue with blogging bridals is that you really shouldn't do it until after the wedding. As such, this is from the fall, but now I can safely publish it! We started at the Zilker Bontanical, which is a perennial fave of most local photographers. It costs $50 now, but it's worth it, because there's fewer people there to get in the way than there were back when it cost nothing. While on this shoot, I actually saw another photographer I know (won't name him), who's apparently a bit of a cheapskate, getting kicked out for trying to evade the fee. He had a 30 pound backpack full of gear on his back, and was trying to tell the security guard he wasn't a professional. Hilarious!!!



Above is what I will admit is a total Zilker cliche, but I throw it in the mix because it's kinda fun. And I will NOT digitally squish the keyhole to match the height of your head... There's a photog here in town who likes to brag that he does that. I believe the keyhole was created by some artist who doesn't want it squished to your height.

This shot was us just wanting something silly with the velociraptor...



This little series was my favorite...




... and Rebecca chose this one to display on the easel at the wedding.







In Austin, a bridal shoot often includes some measure of how well the photographer can do some impromptu thing or another near the warehouse nexus of 4th and Colorado, and this one is no exception.








Rebecca was looking so good in this photo that it...



... caused this totally unattended but running vehicle (which is illegal in Texas) to catch on fire! I called 911 myself. This shoot was full of laughs.



Here they come!

No comments: