Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Anthony Road Winery

Today's Portland-like weather is not cooperating with our vacation lifestyle, so we did lunch indoors at the Fox Run winery, followed by the obligatory wine tasting there. My pick was the Reserve Cabernet Franc (which seems to be what I select every time I come to Geneva, no matter which winery, though I also have a soft spot for Riesling at Prejean). At Fox Run, I was too busy actually tasting to take any pictures. Next we stopped at the Anthony Road winery. As soon as we entered the place, a cloud of Eau de Clorox Bleach assaulted my otherwise wine loving palette. I asked what was up, and apparently it was some big periodic cleaning project we'd stumbled into. Since I couldn't actually taste anything properly, I absconded to their awesome little classic-style garden, which was full of fruits and herbs. They have an open pick-whatever-you-want policy. Their scarecrow was badass. I also liked the succulents growing in old boots.




1 comment:

Mary said...

can i use the top one as my chistmas card? you can photo shop my face on the scare crow.