Thursday, August 16, 2007

On the Road: AUS to BUF via ATL

Next week I have a wedding in Buffalo, which I'm sure is going to be awesome for many reasons, such as the fact that, aside from a predominantly nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere, upstate New York's climate has almost nothing in common with the poorly irrigated desert that I call home (Keep it Weird, Austin, and enjoy that triple digit heat index). Until the weddding, I'll be hanging around the Finger Lakes area, mostly in Geneva.

But before I can get there, I must traverse ATL. The seat spacing in Delta jets lately seems more ethical than American's, but they're all always messing with it. And yes, I have abandoned measuring coach seats by comfort. It's become merely a question of how close they can ethically seat us together before they have to put a USDA Inspected stamp on our foreheads. Do you remember the late 80s when weekday flights to ATL were half empty? I digress.




I am actually blogging from the ATL today due to my 4 hour layover, which is being extended as I write this. And that brings me to this post's photos... I know you have wondered what it would be like to get sucked by your shoe laces into an escalator. Well, thanks to Hartfield-Jackson, you can see it now.





Just like I always imagined, it's a dark and scary pit!





Unfortunatley, the pit is not deep enough to terrify me. More like getting stuffed into a steamer chest. That's all for now, but I still have at least 3 hours to go.

1 comment:

Mary said...

seems like they don't want you to enter that area! :)